EV3 Ultrasonic Sensorprint
The digital EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor generates sound waves and reads their echoes to detect and measure distance from objects. It can also send single sound waves to work as sonar or listen for a sound wave that triggers the start of a program. Students could design a traffic-monitoring system and measure distances between vehicles, for instance. There is an opportunity to discover how the technology is used in everyday items such as automatic doors, cars, and manufacturing systems.
- Measures distances between one and 250 cm (one to 100 in.)
- Accurate to +/- 1 cm (+/- 0.394 in.)
- Front illumination is constant while emitting and blinks while listening
- Returns True if other ultrasonic sound is recognized
- Auto-ID is built into the EV3 Software.